Friday, April 20, 2007

Ice tea, without ice, please.

Why is that mostly overweight people get Diet Coke? How ironic is that? But what is even funnier is something that happened a couple of days ago. Here is my recollection of it, and if you could read the title, well, it slightly gave it away...but stick around for moderately amusing commentary:

Some man (I am guessing he was a man, but you never know these days..) came in and asked for "An Ice tea with no ice", so I, having a false assumption that most people have a sense of humor or at least can detect a witty remark, said "So you mean, you'll have tea, right?" and he looked at me and said "No..I want ice tea. Without ice". And I said "How ironic, sir, don't you think? Ice tea, without ice." He didn't seem too happy, kind of looked around and said "I want my ice tea"...so I walked over to the pop machine, gave him a nice big gob of snot, charged him $10 and felt sorry for him...no I didn't. I chuckled to myself, gave him his "ice tea with no ice" and watched him wobble to his auditorium, going to see "300" alone, probably jacking off in the back row to all the hot Spartans and their perfectly chiseled bodies. Nothing wrong with that, I'd contemplate doing the same if I were a middle-aged, balding, overweight, grumpy, sedate man suppressing his true sexuality...stooping to the level of ordering "Ice Tea Without Ice" and making a big deal of it.

There. That's my recollection. It happened. Don't you believe?

No comments: